We fully appreciate the black eye California ports are sporting as result of the soured labor negotiations and resulting slowdowns. But, seriously, Florida as a viable alternative??? It is apparent East Coast ports are not ready for the increased volumes. The headlines of industry publications are a testament to that.
- 700-Truck Waiting Line at NY/NJ – CCJ.
- Time to Solve NY-NJ’s Port Crisis –JOC.com.
- Port of Virginia Provides Progress Report on Congestion, Finances – American Shipper.
- Volume Surge Tests US East Coast Port Capacity – JOC.com.
- Congestion Causes 6 Mile Lines at NY/NJ Ports – Truckinginfo.
- Port of Virginia Deploys More Equipment to Cope with Six-Week-Long Backlog –JOC.com.