TRUCKING FACTS AND STATS
We thought you might be curious to know more about the trucking industry and the drivers, so here are some interesting facts and stats:
- 71% of all freight is moved by truck.
- 6% of all full-time jobs are in the trucking industry.
- Trucking industry’s revenue is more than the GDP of 150 countries.
- Trucks move 10.8B Tons of cargo.
- 40% of trucking industry jobs are held by minorities.
- None of the regulators overseeing the industry have ever been a truck driver.
- Grocery stores would run out of food in three days if not for trucks.
- Experts estimate the industry needs to hire an additional 900,000 drivers.
- The average long-haul truck driver logs more than 100,000 miles per year.
There are even men who find a way to get an erection, now you won’t have to worry about something embarrassing, such as premature ejaculation. cheap viagra from uk Then you must proceed to complete online sildenafil india an online registration form. Perhaps it is time to viagra from india online take a look into the matter, select the opposite solution, and then move towards the treatment technique. The person must see to it that they find a solution for this problem by a proper brand viagra prices guidance from the doctor for the medicine and only then start thinking about the reception.
- In order of importance, the characteristics drivers look for in a job are: pay, home daily, job security, enjoy the work, benefits, and treated with respect.
- In order of occurrence, the reasons drivers leave a job are: better pay, closer to home, lack of work, relocated, and preferred shift.
- 35% of drivers have been at their current job for 1-3 years.
- 43% have been truck drivers for more than 10 years.
- 2% are 18-24 years old, 30% are 25-34 years old, 51% are 35-54, and 27% are 55 or older.
- 88% are willing to invest four hours per week to learn a new skill.
11% of military veterans are affiliated with the trucking industry.