When the University of Nevada, Reno needed to expand, it put four rundown, historic, craftsman homes on the demolition block. These homes dated back to the 1890’s and would have been a shame to lose. A few brave Reno citizen came forwarded, took ownership and moved the homes to Old Southwest Reno, a neighborhood full of history.
It took two years to coordinate the moves and another three years to finish the renovations on first house, the Humphrey House.
Take a look at the above video to see how the house was moved across town. Quite the undertaking.